Please note: the Priority Seating Deadline for Subscriptions ends June 19th, 2020.
List of Questions
- How can I become a subscriber?
- Why Should I Become a Subscriber?
- How does the seating process work?
- How can I get the best seats?
- Do I need to put in my order immediately to get better seats?
- Can I keep the same seats every year?
- My friend is also a subscriber, how can we sit together?
- What happens if a show I want sells out during the Priority Seating Period?
- I missed the Priority Seating deadline, what happens now?
- I want to select my own seats, how can I do that?
How can I become a subscriber?
The quickest and easiest way to subscribe is by using our online form, which can be found here. If you have questions regarding the online form or would prefer to order over the phone, please call our box office at 617-482-6661 (Mon-Fri, 10 am-4 pm).
Please note: Our staff is working remotely, and due to the high volume of calls, you may experience longer wait times. You can also email your questions to the box office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Should I Become a Subscriber?
Celebrity Series subscribers are often the only ones to attend sold-out performances by world-renowned artists, and subscribers receive a number of special benefits:
- Subscribers receive Guaranteed Subscriber Prices - a substantial saving over box office prices
- Renewing subscribers who choose seven (7) or more performances are given top priority for seating preference
- Lost ticket protection guarantees easy ticket replacement if your tickets are lost or misplaced
- Subscribers can exchange tickets easily when their plans change by notifying the box office before noon on the business day before a performance. This online Exchange Request form is for subscribers only: https://www.celebrityseries.org/experience/subscriptions/subscriberexchange/
- Subscribers may purchase additional tickets at subscription discount prices
- Subscribers receive advance notice and first choice when additional performances are scheduled during the season
- No service charge is assessed for additional tickets ordered throughout the season
- Child tickets are available for certain performances at a special price, with seating adjacent to your subscriber seats - check at time of order
- Subscribers can choose to receive email alerts prior to each performance. Alerts will include program changes, selected program notes, links to parking maps and information, tips on events taking place near each performance for planning purposes
How does the seating process work?
During the Priority Seating window of May 6-June 19, 2020, you have the opportunity to subscribe to the upcoming season before the general public. When submitting your order within this period, you are able to select your desired performances, number of tickets per performance, your preferred price & section, and note any other preferences that you have. After submitting your order, you will see that your seats are listed as TBD on your order confirmation.
After the Priority Seating deadline of June 19, 2020, all orders submitted are organized based on your donation level, how many performances you’ve selected for the upcoming season, and how many years you’ve subscribed. Our Box Office representatives then seat each order individually throughout the summer, carefully reviewing each subscriber’s seating preferences, order notes, and seating history in an effort to choose the available seats that we believe best fit your preferences. Once your order has been seated, you will get a second order confirmation with your seat locations to review. After reviewing the seats listed on your second order confirmation, if you are unsatisfied with the seating selection made for you, please contact our Box Office to see what other seating options are available or to be added to our subscriber-only waitlist.
How can I get the best seats?
Preference in seating is given first to our generous donors, so please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to Celebrity Series with your order! Seating order is based on an algorithm that takes many factors into account, including donation history, the number of performances you subscribe to, and how long you have been a subscriber. Donors, renewing subscribers, and those who purchase 7 or more performances are given preference.
Do I need to put in my order immediately to get better seats?
No! As long as you get in your order during the Priority Seating period of May 6- June 19, 2020, you will be in the first round of seating. All orders placed during this time are seated in an order based on your donation history, how many performances you’ve selected, and how many years you’ve subscribed, not on the date you ordered. So feel free to take your time and look over the season before placing your order!
Can I keep the same seats every year?
Unfortunately, because we put on performances in so many different venues, we cannot guarantee that you will get the same seats every year. If there is a specific seat or a general area you prefer, make sure to list that preference in your order notes when placing your order. We will try our best to get you as close as possible to any seats you request. If you are not happy with your seats and you would like to be added to our Subscriber-Only Wait List, please give us a call or email us to let us know. If different seats become available later in the year, we can upgrade you!
My friend is also a subscriber, how can we sit together?
If you would like to order separate subscriptions, make sure you both list each other’s names in the Notes field when placing your order (ex: Sits With: Jane Smith). If you order a subscription under one name for multiple people, make sure you list any co-subscribers in the Notes field as well (ex: Co-subscribers With: Jane Smith). This will authorize them to make changes to the account. You can always change or add notes or preferences to your order after it has been placed by calling the Box Office at 617-482-6661 or emailing email@example.com.
What happens if a show I want sells out during the Priority Seating Period?
There is no way to know how popular a performance will be, and it is possible that a price zone, seating section, or entire performance could sell out before your order is seated as there are a limited number of seats per venue. This is especially true in our smaller venues (Pickman Hall, Plimpton Shattuck Black Box, etc.). If we are not able to seat you in a performance, you will be refunded the cost of the ticket, and have the option to be added to the Subscriber-Only Wait List to purchase tickets if they become available later in the season.
I missed the Priority Seating deadline, what happens now?
Not to worry! All orders placed after the Priority Seating deadline are organized by the date they were received and seated after orders placed during the Priority Seating window.
I want to select my own seats, how can I do that?
Once all Priority Seating orders are seated by our Box Office representatives, we will open the option to Select Your Own Seats online. With Select Your Own Seats, you are able to see all the available seating options and immediately select them as part of your subscription. This option will become available sometime in July. For the best seats, we recommend purchasing within the Priority Seating since the option to Select Your Own Seats is offered only after all Priority Seating orders are seated.