Questions About Subscriptions
How can I become a subscriber?
To order a subscription follow this link or call 617-482-2595 to order a free subscription brochure. Ordering 3 events makes you a subscriber and gives you lots of great benefits. The deadline for subscriptions to the 2018-2019 season was Friday, October 5 at 11:59 pm.
Why Should I Become a Subscriber?
Celebrity Series subscribers are often the only ones to attend sold-out performances by world-renowned artists, and subscribers receive a number of special benefits:
- Subscribers receive Guaranteed Subscriber Prices - a substantial savings over box office prices
- Renewing subscribers who choose seven (7) or more performances are given top priority for seating preference
- Lost ticket protection guarantees easy ticket replacement if your tickets are lost or misplaced
- Subscribers can exchange tickets easily when their plans chang
- Subscribers may purchase additional tickets at subscription discount prices
- Subscribers receive advance notice and first choice when additional performances are scheduled during the season
- No service charge is assessed for additional tickets ordered throughout the season
- Child tickets are available for certain performances at a special price, with seating adjacent to your subscriber seats - check at time of order
- Subscribers can choose to receive email alerts prior to each performance. Alerts will include program changes, selected program notes, links to parking maps and information, tips on events taking place near each performance for planning purposes
Questions About Ticketing
Why is there a service charge for telephone and Internet orders?
The service charge covers the cost of mailing and other operational costs for our box office, including credit card commissions charged by banks. Our service charges are among the lowest in the city.
How can I avoid paying a service charge for individual ticket purchases?
Purchase your tickets at the Celebrity Series of Boston offices at 20 Park Plaza, Suite 1032, Boston, or visit the appropriate performance venue box office venues. If you are planning to visit the Celebrity Series office, please call ahead to make an appointment at (617) 482-2595.
Why are there sometimes few seats left when tickets have just recently gone on sale?
Some performances sell out to subscribers in advance of public sale. Tickets are offered to Celebrity Series subscribers in April, prior to public sale of individual tickets in September. But anyone can purchase subscription tickets: it only takes 3 events.
Are there discount tickets for students?
Student ticket offers are available for many Celebrity Series performances. For information and availability, visit our Student Tickets page, call 617-482-2595, or sign up to receive regular email notices.
How can I get a refund if I can’t use my tickets?
Ticket refunds are not available, however, Celebrity Series subscribers may exchange their tickets for another performance. Call 617-482-6661 or visit our subscriber benefits page for more information about subscribing.
If I lose my tickets, can they be reprinted?
Your tickets can be reprinted if you can provide proof of original purchase such as a credit card receipt and proper identification. Call 617-482-6661 for assistance.
What is your group sales policy?
Celebrity Series of Boston offers ticket discounts to groups of ten (10) or more for most performances. For more information on tickets for groups, please visit our Group Discounts page.
Unauthorized Ticket Brokers
We are not responsible for tickets purchased from unauthorized ticket brokers or websites and we don’t support the unauthorized reselling of tickets at a price above printed face value, which is barred by the state of Massachusetts.
These websites are often made to look like legitimate ticketing agents of Celebrity Series or our presenting facilities by using our logo, photographs, press quotes, and venue name. No matter how legitimate a website may look, tickets that aren’t purchased directly from Celebrity Series, our presenting facilities, or authorized partners may not be valid for admission.
If you purchased tickets from an unauthorized source and were not granted admission, there are several ways to seek a refund:
- Return to your point of purchase (e.g., your ticket broker or online ticket resale website), report that the tickets weren’t valid for entry and demand a refund. You may also want to report the vendor to Mayor’s Office of Consumer Affairs and Licensing at 617.635.4165 and MOCAL@BOSTON.GOV as well as the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey at 617.727.8400 or follow this link.
- If you are unsuccessful in demanding a refund from the vendor, we suggest that you contact the credit card company you used for the purchase. Explain the situation and ask that they refund you and offset future monies they may owe to the vendor - this is known as a “chargeback”.
The safest and most economical way to purchase tickets is directly through Celebrity Series or our presenting facilities.
Where can I purchase individual tickets to Celebrity Series performances?
Tickets may be purchased:
- Online, 24 hours a day, at celebrityseries.org
- By calling CelebrityCharge at (617) 482-6661 (Monday- Friday, 10am - 4pm) (Summer hours: Friday 10am-1pm)
- In groups of 10 or more by calling (617) 482-6661
- Or by contacting the appropriate performance venue: For a complete list of venues and related information, visit our venues page.
What is your policy regarding inclement weather?
Celebrity Series performances take place as scheduled regardless of the weather. In the rare case of postponement or cancellation due to a weather emergency, information will be available via the following outlets:
- Celebrity Series' Facebook and Twitter pages
- Via recorded message at the Celebrity Series offices, (617) 482-2595
- Cancellation notices with local media outlets
It is Celebrity Series of Boston policy to notify all ticket holders by phone in the event of a cancellation. Please be advised that there will be no exchanges or refunds for performances that take place as scheduled.
Does Celebrity Series donate tickets to other non-profit organizations?
Yes. The Celebrity Series of Boston is proud to support community efforts and non-profit organizations by donating ticket vouchers for a variety of benefit and fundraising events. Follow this link to request a ticket donation for your organization's upcoming event or online auction: https://www.celebrityseries.org/live-performances/ticket-information/ticket-donation-request-form/
Questions About the Venues & Accessibility
Where do Celebrity Series performances take place?
Celebrity Series performances are held at venues throughout Greater Boston, including Symphony Hall, New England Conservatory’s Jordan Hall, Berklee Performance Center, Longy's Pickman Hall, Citi Wang Theatre, Citi Shubert Theatre, Boston Opera House, 160 Mass. Ave., and Sanders Theatre. For a complete list of venues and related information for this season, visit our venues page.
Where can I park?
Parking information for Celebrity Series venues is available on our venues page.
How to do I purchase accessible seating?
Each of our venues have a different policy for the purchasing of accessible seats. Please find your venue below for the best number to call for purchasing these seats:
- Pickman Hall – Celebrity Series Box Office 617-482-6661
- Jordan Hall – Celebrity Series Box Office 617-482-6661
- Symphony Hall – Celebrity Series Box Office 617-482-6661
- Symphony Hall Accessible Seating Information
- Sanders Theatre – Sanders Theatre Box Office 617-496-2222
- Sanders Theatre Accessible Seating Information
- Shubert Theatre – Boch Center Shubert Box Office 866-348-9738
- Shubert Theatre Accessible Seating Information
- Wang Theatre – Ticketmaster 800-982-2787
- Wang Theatre Accessible Seating Information
- Berklee Performance Center – Celebrity Series Box Office 617-482-6661
- Berklee Performance Center Accessible Seating Information
- Plimpton Shattuck Black Box – Celebrity Series Box Office 617-482-6661
- District Hall – Celebrity Series Box Office 617-482-6661
Will the Celebrity Series provide a sign language interpreter for spoken word performances?
The Celebrity Series of Boston offers sign language interpretation upon request. Requests for sign language interpreters must be received at least four weeks prior to the event by contacting Celebrity Series at 617-482-2595 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests are subject to the availability of an interpreter and provided at the discretion of the management.
General Questions About Celebrity Series
When was Celebrity Series of Boston founded?
The Celebrity Series was founded in 1938 as the Aaron Richmond Celebrity Series. The Series incorporated as a nonprofit corporation in 1989.
How long are the performances?
Performance durations vary, but most last approximately 2 hours, including intermissions. Dance performances can be of various lengths, and may have more than one intermission. Encores may increase the length of a performance.
What is an appropriate age for children to begin attending Celebrity Series performances?
The Celebrity Series welcomes children age 5 and older to most performances. We recommend calling our offices if you have specific questions regarding performance content.
How many performances does the Celebrity Series present annually?
The Celebrity Series typically presents approximately 100 different presentations each year in venues throughout Greater Boston.
What types of performances does the Celebrity Series present?
The Celebrity Series presents world-class performers from around the globe in a variety of performing arts disciplines, including classical music, orchestras, instrumentalists, vocalists, early music, choral music, chamber music, jazz, popular and folk music, ballet, modern and folk dance, and theatre.
The Celebrity Series also operates a nationally recognized community program, Arts for All!, which works in collaboration with schools and community organizations to introduce young audiences to the performing arts.
Can I or my business advertise in your program books?
Yes you can!
Ads are available in program books for all performances in Symphony Hall, NEC's Jordan Hall, Sanders Theatre, Berklee Performance Center, Longy's Pickman Hall, the Calderwood Pavilion and other venues. Call (617) 482-2595 or email email@example.com for more information on program book advertising opportunities.